[OpenSIPS-Users] multiple use_media_proxy() calls

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Jan 25 07:39:41 CET 2011

On 21 Jan 2011, at 18:32, Jeff Pyle wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Brett and I communicated privately.  It turns out the majority of both our headaches with this issue is from the same, rather large carrier.  Does anything come to mind on how we might handle it?
>
> I'd love an option I could include in engage_media_proxy to tell it to immediately set up the conntrack rules using the ports in the SDP rather than try to detect the ports on the fly.

This can be automated as described in the previous message so both automatic detection and preferring SDP addresses can coexist.

> Or, perhaps something already available in the code to force a reset of some sorts when the 18x w/ SDP message comes back?  By this point, the leaky media has stopped and the legit media is flowing.

I don't think this is your case, because the relay already handles this. it will reset it's knowledge of the learnt addresses with every request/reply in dialog. So when the 2nd 183 comes in, it does reset the ports and attempts to relearn them. If things would be as you describe them (1st media stream has stopped when the 2nd 183 comes), then it should simply work because the relay would reset and learn the ports from the 2nd media stream. But I suspect that the 1st media stream still flows a bit past the 2nd 183 and the relay locks onto that again instead of locking on the 2nd media stream (that probably comes only after it re-locked to the 1st). Otherwise I cannot explain why it wouldn't work for you as the relay relearns the addresses after every 183/200

--
Dan