[OpenSIPS-Users] DND and presence

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 19:25:04 CET 2011

Hi Anca,

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Anca Vamanu <anca at opensips.org> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On 01/13/2011 06:43 PM, James Lamanna wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to move to OpenSIPS as being the registrar front end for
>> cluster of Asterisk boxes.
>> One of the services we currently offer is DND w/ BLF.
>> I'm trying to figure out how to implement this with OpenSIPS.
>> > From what I've read, DND can be implemented through ACLs, correct?
>> However, is there any way to tie this into the presence module?
>> Asterisk has a notion of 'hints' where you can say, set the value of
>> hint *761234567890, and then a phone can subscribe to that hint see
>> the BLF.
>> Is there any way to do this in OpenSIPS presence?
>>
> As Dani said, there is no way to correlate presence status with call
> permissions.
> A BLF functionality is present in opensips - see
> http://www.opensips.org/Resources/PuaExtensions#pua_dialoginfo. It permits
> subscriptions to the dialog state of a line.

So from what you are saying, there isn't a way from an opensips config
to add a presence entry based on call permissions? So there's no way
to for a phone to subscribe to the DND state of another line? The
phone wouldn't be subscribing to the extension, but a prefixed
extension (like *762005551212).
If there's no way to do this, then that is unfortunate, because that
means DND handling will have to be pushed out to Asterisk because this
is one of the features we provide to our users, being able to
subscribe to DND state.

Thanks.

-- James