[OpenSIPS-Users] new install and INVITES not being forwarded

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Jan 12 16:04:50 CET 2011

Hi Gareth,

Gareth Blades wrote:
> I am having a problem with running opensips in debug level 6. When
> opensips is set to this I am finding that it takes a long time to
> respond to register requests (over 5 seconds compared to a fraction of
> a second) which means that my phone times out when trying to register
> so I cannot then debug trying to send calls through.
woow...that is really strange.....never encountered something like
that....do you log to stderror(console) or to syslog ?

> Any ideas?
>
> DNS timeouts are a common cause for these sort of pauses. Are there
> any specific DNS setup requirements that opensips has that I might
> have missing?
see the DNS related params:
    http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFcn#toc41

Also, better use DNS cache app between your opensips and the outer world.

So, your missing INVITE (not being sent out) are because of opensips
blocking in some DNS query ?