[OpenSIPS-Users] new install and INVITES not being forwarded

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Thu Jan 6 17:54:55 CET 2011

Setup:-
Server installed at a hosting facility with its owm public IP address.
A desk phone in the office with a couple of accounts configured
registered to opensips through a NAT firewall.
The opensips server has been installed and configured using the guide in
the Opensips PACT book together with database support (no multidomain).

The two lines on the phone are able to register fine and I can see them
as being registered in the database and 'opensipsctrl ul show' displays
what I would expect.

However when I call between the two lines and minitoring via ngrep I see
the initial INVITE go out and then a '407 proxy authentication required'
comes back and the phone sends the invite again with the authentication
but opensips doesnt send any reply. The phone retransmits the packet a
couple of times and displays call failed.

Any idea what may be wrong?

I know the call audio is unlikely to work but that will be the next
step. I am just trying to get each step working as I go at the moment.

Thanks
Gareth