[OpenSIPS-Users] ratelimit: per group/account limiting

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Tue Feb 22 23:22:24 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Jeff Pyle <jpyle at fidelityvoice.com> wrote:
> Indeed.  We've had to resort to combing the accounting database after the
> fact, and when certain minute volumes or calls-per-minute thresholds have
> been exceeded, disable the trunk.  This has saved us on more than a few
> occasions.
>
> Outside of fraudulant or DoS activities, it would be very useful to
> restrict the number of initial INVITEs per second of an arbitrary entity,
> much like the dialog module has profiles one can use to identify dialog
> quantities as one sees fit.

You can do this.  The only restriction is that you can do it for up to
16 entities (with stock opensips).
As I pointed in a previous e-mail, ratelimit-ing make sense only for
large SIP trunks (and general server protection against overload).
If you need to control more then 16 entities, then just increase
MAX_PIPES in ratelimit.c and recompile.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas