[OpenSIPS-Users] ratelimit: per group/account limiting

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Feb 22 21:28:22 CET 2011

Ovidiu,

With stolen account credentials one can cause major frauds during a single weekend without looking like a DOS attack. Rate limiting of normal SIP accounts to a few simultaneous calls or whatever is normal usage is the best defensive strategy. Pike is not useful for non-DOS situations like this.

Adrian