[OpenSIPS-Users] non-transactional 4XX messages

Jason Yeh jason at streamoso.com
Tue Feb 22 03:54:13 CET 2011

Tyler,

Yes, I have already thought the same thing. However that 403 SIP Message
didn't land there in the main routing block, yet through pcap traces I could
see the SIP Message being routed to the end-user client. I had this basic
log of every new messages routed to the main route, for example:

============
route {

# Simple Log

xlog("L_INFO", "#### M=$rm RURI=$ru F=$fu USR=$tU T=$tu IP=$si ID=$ci\n");

============

I don't see 403 message landed there.

I tried to add logic of something like this on main route:

============

# Detect if SIP/2.0 403 Message
if ( status == "403" ) {

xlog("got SIP 403");

}

============

Unfortunately, realized that the "status" reference of current message would
only work for the onreply route.... I'm sure there is reason for it, most
likely developers might can answer that.

-Jason

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Tyler Merritt <tyler at fonality.com> wrote:

> I would do this by matching the method of the packet in the main routing
> block, and then using textops to search for the 403 in a subsequent if () {}
> block, and then just drop; or exit;
>
> My methods are usually not the most elegant solution - I'll wait for Dave
> or one of the Devs to chime in with a better method :)
>
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Jason Yeh <jason at streamoso.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> This certain SIP UAS keeps on sending "SIP/2.0 403" messages to my
>> OpenSIPS machine out of blue, this failure/warning messages has nothing to
>> do with this certain client on the call. I wanted to figure out how to drop
>> ("not proxy") that annoying non-transactional 4XX SIP Messages being routed
>> through this proxy server, however I couldn't figure out where to get this
>> message landed to my routing script. Because the fact that this requests
>> wasn't initially sent by proxy, it will not land to the "failure_route"
>> routing block.
>>
>> In summary, how can I configure OpenSIPS routing logic to handle the
>> non-transactional 4XX request sent by someone else out of blue?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jason

Jason Yeh
Co-Founder & CEO
Streamoso, LLC.

This e-mail, including any attachments may contain information that is
protected by law as PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL and is intended solely for
the use of the recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
the message to the recipient. Please note that if you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying,
distribution, retention, re-transmission, printing or any other use of this
e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail communication in error, please immediately send an
e-mail reply to notify the sender and immediately and permanently delete
this e-mail from your computer system. Thank you.