[OpenSIPS-Users] Presence for routing logic

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 21:16:29 CET 2011

I guess one option could be to have an XCAP server and an XCAP IP Phone
(Snom) that can publish its PIDF info.  Then you would need to somehow
search the XCAP table and parse that xml code to see the persons status.
That is what comes to my mind first but I am not sure if it will work or be
a dead end.  Another question Carlo is how the persons status will be
updated if we are not talking about Dialog Status.  Would they manually
update it (like you would with a Snom phone with PIDF) or are you wanting
something really cool like Outlook/Exchange Calendar integration to show if
the person has a meeting or is on vacation?  That would be really sweet, but
then you get into compatibility issues when you upgrade Exchange.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com>wrote:

> Hi Carlo,
>
> Such powerful feature would deserve some module of its own. Routing based
> on end-user provided preferences using presence is something fresh and cool
> nobody has tried it before.  Make something that uses published presence and
> xcap policy in a meaningful way for the end-user!
>
> We will help you if want to implement such feature if something is missing
> on the server side.
>
> Regards,
> Adrian
>

>     On Feb 16, 2011, at 5:20 PM, Carlo Dimaggio wrote:
>
>   Dear all,
>
> I'm thinking about a design of an unified communication system based on
> presence status.
>
> I would like to know if the presence status of a subscriber could be used
> to define the routing logic.
> An example is routing the call to voicemail when Alice's status is
> "meeting" or to a cell phone when she is on "holiday".
>

> Thanks,
> Carlo

Duane