[OpenSIPS-Users] Reject INVITEs with invalid (unable to be parsed) headers

Tyler Merritt tyler at fonality.com
Sun Feb 13 14:13:40 CET 2011

I'm relatively new to OpenSIPs myself - but in my various experiments - the
idea that OS cannot parse a header is a bit foreign.  As a SIP proxy - it's
job is more to use the routing logic in order to transmit packets from A
through to C via B (OS itself).

I have sent packets with bogus From and To headers and they transmit to the
end destination just fine.  I don't believe that your answer will be found
in the format of the headers.  Rather, the best way to detect invalid
headers (I think) would be to use TextOps modules and REGEX to act on the
headers themselves and detect formats that you say are valid.

OS is flexible enough to do this - plenty of logic in the IF, THEN, ELSE
statements within routing blocks in order to check these headers against
rules that you assert are "valid".