[OpenSIPS-Users] Change in SDP/RTP routing with Opensips 1.4 and 1.6

Dave Singer dave.singer at wideideas.com
Tue Feb 8 08:02:03 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Ovidiu Sas <osas at voipembedded.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Chris Stone <axisml at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry all for the last message - too quick on the Send button.....
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Henk Hesselink <opensips-users at voipro.nl> wrote:
>>> Hi Chris,
>>>
>>> That config should't touch the Contact header, and yet that's also been
>>> modified:
>>>
>>> In:  Contact:<sip:+13038382386 at 208.94.157.10 ...
>>> Out: Contact:<sip:+13038382386 at 67.212.153.178 ...
>>>
>>> Are you sure nothing else is touching the message?
>>
>> Yes, absolutely. The packets were captured on the Opensips server - in
>> from upstream provider and then the next packet relaying the invite to
>> backend Asterisk server. The upstream provider is, of course, on a
>> remote network. The Asterisk server is on the same LAN - only a switch
>> separating the 2 servers. The only application on the server that
>> touched the packets would be Opensips.
>>
>> So I'm not nuts - something very weird is going on here.... eh?
>
> Yes.  For sure you are using a different config.
> Are you running multiple servers on that box?
> Or are you having some virtual machines there?

Don't know what tools you are familiar with so here are some
suggestions for what they're worth.
what is listening on port 5060?
   netstat -lnp | grep 5060
is opensips actually running? what was the command line used?
   ps aux --forest | grep opensips
Does sip still pass when opensips is not running?
if mi_fifo loaded, what is the output of <opensips install
path>/sbin/opensipsctl fifo ps
does it show that it is listening on the interfaces/ports that are
handeling the packets you are capturing?
If something else is listening on port 5060 opensips should be failing
to start with the provided config.
try running single mode with the following config:

debug=9          # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
fork=no
log_stderror=yes  # (cmd line: -E)

children=1
check_via=no      # (cmd. line: -v)
dns=off           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=off       # (cmd. line: -R)
port=5060

# for more info: opensips -h

# ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------
mpath="/usr/lib64/opensips/modules"
#loadmodule "xlog.so" # un comment if using opensips before 1.6.4
# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------

route{
       xlog("\n\n\n        test    test \n\n\n");
       forward("67.212.153.179");
       exit;
}

and run it with:
 /usr/sbin/opensips -f <config file path/opensips.cfg> 2>&1 | tee test.log
(path to opensips executable based on your mpath in the config.

you should get a boat load of debug go past your screen when it starts
and for any message that goes through opensips.
To stop it just do CTRL+C
The debug went in to test.log as well as to the screen so you can look
in it and search for the "test    test" to see if it handled the
message. Or details of why it failed to start.

Happy hunting.
Dave