[OpenSIPS-Users] multiple rtpproxy for multiple NAT?

Sammy Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 06:47:22 CET 2011

Hi Matt,
I don't totally understand to why you need to run two RTPproxy on one same
opensips servers with one listening on Public IP and the other one also
listening on the same public IP but bridged with LAN IP.!! ?

rtpproxy1               started with '-l 12.157.5.6'
rtpproxy2 (bridge mode) started with '-l 12.157.5.6/192.168.100.75'

                                   |                     |
                                   |                     |
UAC--------------Firewall-----------------Opensips-----------------Asterisk
192.168.1.2      70.147.3.4        |      12.157.5.6     |
192.168.100.128
                                   |     192.168.100.75  |
                                   |                     |
                                 NAT1                   NAT2
                                rtpproxy1              rtpproxy2 (bridge
mode)

My suggestion is to run RTPproxy just once in bridging mode and see what
rtpproxy configuration options you are missing in your configurations to
fix the audio issues. I seriously think that by handling NAT flags and
forcing rtpproxy in correct "ie" and "ei" flags you'll be able to get 100%
both way audio with just one RTPproxy bridged instance.

Regards,
Sammy.