[OpenSIPS-Users] Does create_dialog behave differently on 1.6 than on 1.7?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Aug 23 23:24:48 CEST 2011

Hi Vlad,

> Only to see that the problem is not lower down through the layers, could you please try to use the fix_nated_contact [1] function from the nathelper module ? As said before, calling fix_nated_contact is tested and works, so maybe it's a really strange scenario, or maybe fix_contact is not working properly in 1.7.

I found it! Changing the NAT fixing function doesn't matter as long as nat_traversal is loaded. The module inserts a pre-script callback and it will call create_dialog for any new initial INVITE. By checking the diff with the version from 1.6 I see the difference: on the 1.6 version we used to set the dialog flag , which (please correct me if I'm wrong) will make the dialog be created but *later*. With the disappearance of that flag, however, we are creating a dialog way too early.

Looks like we need a way to create a dialog late in order to fix this. Is this feasible in OpenSIPS 1.7 ?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects