[OpenSIPS-Users] Some love for the Debian packaging

Razvan Crainea razvancrainea at opensips.org
Tue Aug 23 10:33:52 CEST 2011

Hi Saul,

On 22.08.2011 20:03, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been testing the 1.7 branch over the weekend and I found some issues with the Debian packaging:
>
> - Some packages depend on -dev libraries when they shouldn't
Can you indicate the packages that are not required?
> - Old Debian standards version
> - No TLS by default? [1]
There are two packages built: with and without TLS[3] support.
> - Some scripts have /bin/sh in the shebang, but Debian Squeeze (stable) uses dash instead of sh, which doesn't provide the same features
As far as I know, on the systems that use dash, /bin/sh is a symlink to
dash. Anyway, it's true that some scripts are not compliant with dash.
Just yesterday I committed a fix for opensipsdbctl tool in order to
solve this issue. I'll dig into more problems today.
> - Python module is not built [2]
The Python module is not built because it is still in Alpha state.