[OpenSIPS-Users] openSIPS vs Kamailio vs SIP-Router

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Aug 19 17:16:10 CEST 2011

Hi Nick,

On 08/15/2011 03:52 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Thank you all for your responses,
>
> David: The topology hiding feature looks interesting, will defiantly
> follow up on it. In terms of running both solutions on the same
> network, we would rather stick with one that offers most of what we
> are looking for....
Just take a look at the list of modules:
     http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsModules17
and the goodies in last release
     http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver170
> Mark: No need for flame wars, it's always good to keep the user
> community in mind.
I guess the volume of this mailing list and the rich documentation
proves how important the community is for the OpenSIPS project.

> In terms of high availability and more importantly load balancing, do
> both projects use the same implementation?
OpenSIPS has a nice carrier-grade LB support:
     http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutorials#toc4

> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Nick

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 19th of September 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"