[OpenSIPS-Users] openSIPS vs Kamailio vs SIP-Router

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 04:41:04 CEST 2011

Hello Everyone,

I can only imagine how many times this question has come up since post
2008. Please forgive
my reoccurring of  the issue.

We are looking to provide carrier grade sip services to our clients
world wide. What we need is a
lightweight, robust and scalable solution that will allow us to
terminate sip calls to our different carriers.
Performance, and high throughput are factors very important to my
employer. Features such as caller
authentication, database back-end, load balancing, and
interoperability with asterisk are things we are
interested in, as was offered using OpenSER.

With three+ open source proxy servers available on the net puts us in
a situation where we have more
solutions to choose from, at the same time wish the features from one
were available in the other, and
vice versa.

With this in mind, we will have to fall back to other factors such as
the most reliable, proven and active
projects. As mentioned, we would choose functional stability over
endless features that we will never use
and that add to the projects fingerprint...

I understand that all three projects are forks from OpenSER, people
would naturally like to know what
differentiates one from the other.

Thanks in Advance,

Nick Khamis