[OpenSIPS-Users] Setup "To:" in INVITE

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Mon Aug 8 22:39:00 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at opensips.org>wrote:

> SIP routing is not done based on SIP header, but on the RURI (first line).
> So makes no sense to change to TO header.

As true as this is, we all know there are lots of broken implementations out
there that use the TO header to route. As much as this makes us cringe like
nails on a chalkboard; we still need to be able to handle these kinds of
issues. I've had to do this enough times, that it almost feels like it
should be a built in switch in the tm module (like a t_relay bitwise
option). Just sayin..

And yes, I'd like to just tell the interconnected party to fix their switch,
we all know that that isn't always possible. :)

-Brett