[OpenSIPS-Users] [RFC] Default value of db_url in OpenSIPS

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Thu Apr 14 16:48:42 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at opensips.org>wrote:

>  Also, we may want to have two global urls:
>>>
>>>  - one r/w for modules that require writing to the db;
>>  - one r/o for modules that require only reading from db.
>>
> Does it make sense to keep this separation between RW and RO ? personally I
> never used it...somehow is non-sense (as security) for a single application
> to connect in the same time, to the same DB with RW and RO (for different
> modules).....my 2 cents..

I personally don't see the benefit to having a RW and RO account. I can
potentially see good use for a RO for the opensipsctl script, but even
there, limited use.

I think the intention was really more like:
1. opensips daemon gets RW, it can do anything
2. opensipsctl script may be ran manually by an unprivileged user and we
don't want them to necessarily have full RW access to the db.

I'm not sure the security belongs here.. if that makes any sense..
-Brett