[OpenSIPS-Users] [RFC] Default value of db_url in OpenSIPS

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Thu Apr 14 16:25:52 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
<bogdan at opensips.org> wrote:
> On 04/14/2011 03:15 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
>>
>> On 14/4/11 1:02 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Following some discussions on the value of db_url, we end up with the
>>> idea of chancing the way of definition the db_url in opensips.
>>>
>>> The problem with the current approach (having builtin - hidden- default
>>> values) is confusing as, if you do no explicitly set a db_url, the
>>> modules will try do connect to the default db_url, without you even
>>> knowing that.
>>>
>>> So the idea is to remove the builtin default value and to have a new
>>> global parameter in opensips cfg to define the default value for db_urls.
>>> This will allow:
>>>     - to have single default db_url for simple default scripts (as we
>>> have now)
>>>     - to see (no mote hidden) the default value for db_url in your cfg
>>>     - to change the default db_url without re-compilling
>>>     - still be able to individually change the db_urls for each module...
>>>
>>> Already there are three +votes for this, but I would like to see other
>>> opinions on that....pro or against :)
>>>

>> +1
>>
>> Would this global db_url be overridable with the per-module one, or are
>> they mutually exclusive?
>
> per module (if defined in script) will override the global one (for that
> module).

And if there's no per-module defined and no global defined, then the
init will fail with proper error message, right?
Also, we may want to have two global urls:
 - one r/w for modules that require writing to the db;
 - one r/o for modules that require only reading from db.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas