[OpenSIPS-Users] [RFC] Default value of db_url in OpenSIPS

Erik Dekkers erik.dekkers at wvds.nl
Thu Apr 14 14:56:52 CEST 2011

+1 for me

Van: users-bounces at lists.opensips.org [mailto:users-bounces at lists.opensips.org] Namens Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Verzonden: donderdag 14 april 2011 13:03
Aan: users at lists.opensips.org
Onderwerp: [OpenSIPS-Users] [RFC] Default value of db_url in OpenSIPS

Hi all,

Following some discussions on the value of db_url, we end up with the idea of chancing the way of definition the db_url in opensips.

The problem with the current approach (having builtin - hidden- default values) is confusing as, if you do no explicitly set a db_url, the modules will try do connect to the default db_url, without you even knowing that.

So the idea is to remove the builtin default value and to have a new global parameter in opensips cfg to define the default value for db_urls.
This will allow:
    - to have single default db_url for simple default scripts (as we have now)
    - to see (no mote hidden) the default value for db_url in your cfg
    - to change the default db_url without re-compilling
    - still be able to individually change the db_urls for each module...

Already there are three +votes for this, but I would like to see other opinions on that....pro or against :)