[OpenSIPS-Users] Problem with Diversion when added in failure route and RURI uses DNS SRV

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Apr 13 15:25:49 CEST 2011

Hi Dave,

Interesting point....it is "undocumented" "feature" of how the dns based
failover is implemented. It is actually doing serial forking, so
creating a new branch - the changes in failure route are per branch, so
what you change in failure route (via append_hf) is discarded for the
next branch created by DNS failover...

Never thought on that :D....I say it is bug, so please open a bug report
on tracker.

Thanks and regards,
Bogdan

On 04/12/2011 01:17 AM, Dave Singer wrote:
> I have a server running 1.6.3. In failure route I add a Diversion and
> the RURI is a DNS SRV record and sometimes one of the servers times
> out and opensips auto tries the second server from the SRV records but
> without the diversion header in the new message
> Is this proper/expected behavior or a bug?
>
> I would think for SRV it would only change the destination IP.
> Especially where you don't have an opportunity to make any fixes to
> the original message (what it was just before any branches).
>
> Dave

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 2nd of May 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"