[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS & Apple Push Notifications Service

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Thu Sep 30 09:55:57 CEST 2010

Hello Paul,

What you describe is too convoluted to be implemented the way you described it in the Proxy alone, if possible at all. You would need to park the call somewhere on some intermediate B2BUA, wake up the device, know when this happened and then start a new call to it when is reachable.

There is a simpler way to solve this using the native capabilities of iOS 4. The SIP UA should register using TCP to the SIP Proxy, if you do this the whole magic is automatically handled by the iOS 4 wake-up from background capability. For UDP transport this magic does not work.

Adrian