[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips Cluster

Marco Nesler marco.nesler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:17:24 CEST 2010

2010/9/28 Giuseppe DeVivo <Giuseppe.DeVivo at gruppomega.it>

> I must create a opensips  HA cluster,
> I use debian and heartbeat with pacemaker,(I use this guide :
> http://anders.com/cms/259 ) but there is a problem , Opensips_status not
> function with sipsak.
> I have modify a Opensips_status with another type of check( i see this mail
> list),

I have a similar setup (ha cluster active/passive with peacemaker), looking
at your monitor script I don't think using netstat is a good/secure manner
to check your opensips status.
The better thing to do imho is just using sipsak to monitor your opensips
process via sip requests, for example a simple check via sip OPTIONS (you
need to handle this in your routing script)
sipsak -H 127.0.0.1 -s sip:your_cluster_ip_here
or if you are using opensips to register clients you can use sipsak to try a
registration:
sipsak -s sip:your_monitoring_user at your_sip_domain --password
registration_password_here -U

> The switch from primary to secondary is ok and vice versa, but if the
> secondary lose connection, when the primary is up , the secondary cannot
> start opensips service,

sorry but... I don't understand in which case this is not working... if the
primary is up, why the secondary should start the service ?

ciao
marco