[OpenSIPS-Users] SEAS connector for external AS

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Sep 27 17:39:00 CEST 2010

Hi Thomas,

The idea of having a generic connector module (to be able to pass custom
info from a SIP message to an external app) was really appealing to me
several time. Something like SEAS - with the binary encoded format sent
to other app - but no so linked to the logic in weSIP (the external app)....

Anyhow, this will be automatically solved in opensips 2.0 where the
routing script itself is an external application:

          http://www.opensips.org/Development/NewDesignDescription#toc2

Thomas wrote:
>> I would be interested in whether what you are asking is possible to do
>> with SIP/UDP. The proxy would have to be able to monitor (or being
>> told about) the state of AS instances, and in case of failover, fix
>> IPs in signaling (like in NAT traversal). This could actually be done
>> on stateless lb proxy.
>>

> Yes, IPs in signaling would be an issue then. I am not sure either that it is possible or even a good design option. The idea I had with a SEAS-like connector is to terminate the transport layer at OpenSIPS so that IP fixing is done the other way around i.e. by the application server (IP of OpenSIPS is used for Contact ... instead of internal IP). This would be similar to a SIP IPVS configuration I think. But as far as I understand now SEAS was not designed for this purpose and I would need to develop another OpenSIPS module, if it is possible to use OpenSIPS only for the transport layer.

OpenSIPS Bootcamp
15 - 19 November 2010, Edison, New Jersey, USA
www.voice-system.ro