[OpenSIPS-Users] Sending a Notify.

Yaniv Vaknin yaniv at shahar-tech.com
Sun Sep 5 17:47:25 CEST 2010

David,
If I understand your question correctly, the answer is yes.
The phone will need to subscribe first in order to get the NOTIFY.

Example:
Lets presume that your phone ext. is 123,
 you define on the phone to subscribe via BLF service to extension
fax-123 at your-sip-server.
When a new fax arrive to your fax server, you can inform the Opensips via
XML, datagram or fifo file, and ask the server to publish the event.
for example, sending via fifo file :
rm -f /tmp/opensips_fifo_reply
mkfifo /tmp/opensips_fifo_reply
cat /tmp/opensips_fifo_reply&

cat >/tmp/opensips_fifo <<EOF
:pua_publish:opensips_fifo_reply
sip:fax-123 at your-sip-server
3600
dialog
application/pidf+xml
.
.
<?xml version='1.0'?><dialog-info xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:dialog-info'
version='1' state='full' entity='sip:fax-123 at your-sip-server'><dialog
id='fax-123 at your-sip-server'

EOF

This example publishes that extension fax-123 is on a call, and your phone
will change the indication status...
I'm not sure that my example will work "out of the box", I copy-paste it
from a project I did last month.

I'll be glad to help you more if you'll need...

Regards,
Yaniv Vaknin