[OpenSIPS-Users] dispatcher use_default

thrillerbee thrillerbee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 05:54:40 CEST 2010

I've run into an issue when trying to utilize the use_default modparam for
the dispatcher module.  My understanding is that it would reserve the last
entry in the setid as a "failover" gateway.  Otherwise, it would treat all
other gateways according to their weight.  In reality, it seems that, if
there are 3 gateways, the 2nd is used exclusively.  If the 2nd gw is moved
to an 'inactive' state, the 1st gateway is then used exclusively.  As
expected, if 1 & 2 go down the 3rd is finally used.

Why aren't gw 1 & 2 statelessly load balanced like they would be if
use_default was disabled?

Thanks.