[OpenSIPS-Users] Changing Opensips port number

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Thu Oct 14 09:26:07 CEST 2010

Hi James,

In fact you only need to define the listen parameter ( the port is used
if you want opensips to listen to all interfaces ). Anyhow if you update
both the listen and the port parameter to the same port value it should
also work.
Check if the restart is effected with 'ps aux | grep opensips' and
checking if the start time is the one you want.

Regards,
Anca

On 10/14/2010 03:09 AM, James Mbuthia wrote:
> Hi Bogdan,
>
> I set the port on opensips.cfg like:
>

> port=5060
>
> /* uncomment and configure the following line if you want opensips to
>     bind on a specific interface/port/proto (default bind on all available) */
> listen=udp:198.162.1.0:5060
>

> I change the 5060 to another number then restart using opensipsctl. Is
> there something else I have missed?
>
> james
>

> On 10/13/10, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu<bogdan at voice-system.ro>  wrote:
>
>> Hi James,
>>
>> how do you set the port? via "port" param or via the "listen" param? are
>> you sure you restart was effective?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> James Mbuthia wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Sorry for the newbie question. How do you change the port number in
>>> opensips? I want to change it from 5060 to something else however when
>>> I do so on opensips.cfg and restart opensips, Opensips doesn't seem to
>>> listen on the port I have specified. Do I need to change the number
>>> elsewhere?
>>>
>>> regards
>>> james
>>>

>> --
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>> OpenSIPS Bootcamp
>> 15 - 19 November 2010, Edison, New Jersey, USA
>> www.voice-system.ro

Anca Vamanu
www.voice-system.ro