[OpenSIPS-Users] loadbalancer module and adding servers to the load balancing pool

Bobby Smith bobby.smith at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 21:25:11 CET 2010

Greetings,

Currently with our load balancing implementation, we're encountering a
problem where when a server is added to the active pool during load, all
calls immediately hit that server until all the resources are reached.
 While in a perfect situation (restarting call load) this is not a problem,
in a situation where we're under call load with many servers and need to
dynamically add more servers, this causes a problem as the resource added
can't handle the sudden burst of calls per second.  This is also causing a
problem when a resource is removed from the pool for troubleshooting
purposes and needs to be added back without a restart of opensips.

Is there any way from a scripting perspective to throttle how this works?
 If not, I'd like to request it as a feature (something like maximum CPS per
resource or something).  Also, resetting the load balancing metrics is not
an option; we need to be able to keep an accurate track of resources load
balanced to each server.

Thanks,

BobbyS