[OpenSIPS-Users] osipsconsole doesn't seem to work for me

osiris123d duane.larson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 05:17:28 CET 2010

Since osipsconsole came out I have never really used it because I can't get
it to work.  Now I am starting to look into why I can't get it to work.  I
followed the install guide but I am not sure what's wrong

Proxy01:/etc/opensips-mi-proxy# osipsconsole
Control engine FIFO loaded
OpenSIPS$:domain show
Used database is mysql
coolbeans.com
 irock.com

OpenSIPS$:db show location
Unknown command
OpenSIPS$:

OpenSIPS$:add 9013319320 at irock.com password1234
Used database is mysql
9013319320 irock.com
Entry could not be retrieved from tableYou have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'WHERE username = '9013319320'
                                       AND domain = 'irock.com'' at line 3
        Query results:

Here is the osicpsconsolerc file I configured (does it matter if the
database was originally created with opensipsctl??)

# $Id: osicpsconsolerc
#
# The OpenSIPS configuration file for the control tools.
#
# Here you can set variables used in the opensipsctl and opensipsdbctl setup
# scripts. Per default all variables here are commented out, the control
tools
# will use their internal default values.

## your SIP domain
SIP_DOMAIN=ae.com

## database type: MYSQL, PGSQL, ORACLE, DB_BERKELEY, or DBTEXT, by default
none is loaded
# If you want to setup a database with opensipsdbctl, you must at least
specify
# this parameter.
DBENGINE=MYSQL

## database host
DBHOST=173.XXX.XXX.219

## database port (PostgreSQL=5433 mandatory; MYSQL=3306 optional)
DBPORT=3306
#DBPORT=5000

## database name (for ORACLE this is TNS name)
DBNAME=opensips

## database path used by dbtext or db_berkeley
# DB_PATH="/usr/local/etc/opensips/dbtext"

## database read/write user
DBRWUSER=opensips

## password for database read/write user
DBRWPW=XXXXXXXXXXXX

## database read only user
# DBROUSER=opensipsro

## password for database read only user
# DBROPW=opensipsro

## database super user (for ORACLE this is 'scheme-creator' user)
DBROOTUSER=opensips

# Program to calculate a message-digest fingerprint
# MD5=md5sum

# awk tool
# AWK=awk

# grep tool
# GREP=egrep

# sed tool
# SED=sed

# Describe what additional tables to install. Valid values for the variables
# below are yes/no/ask. With ask (default) it will interactively ask the
user
# for an answer, while yes/no allow for automated, unassisted installs.
#

# Define what module tables should be installed.
# If you use the postgres database and want to change the installed tables,
then you
# must also adjust the STANDARD_TABLES or EXTRA_TABLES variable accordingly
in the
# opensipsdbctl.base script.

# opensips standard modules
# STANDARD_MODULES="standard acc lcr domain group permissions registrar
usrloc msilo
#                   alias_db uri_db speeddial avpops auth_db pdt dialog
dispatcher
#                   dialplan drouting nathelper load_balancer"

# opensips extra modules
# EXTRA_MODULES="imc cpl siptrace domainpolicy carrierroute userblacklist"

## type of aliases used: DB - database aliases; UL - usrloc aliases
## - default: none
# ALIASES_TYPE=DB

## MI_CONNECTOR control engine: FIFO, UNIXSOCK, UDP, XMLRPC
MI_CONNECTOR=FIFO:/var/run/opensips/fifo
#MI_CONNECTOR=UNIXSOCK:/var/run/opensips/socket
# MI_CONNECTOR=UDP:192.168.2.133:8000
#MI_CONNECTOR=XMLRPC:173.XXX.XXX.134:8080

## check ACL names; default on (1); off (0)
# VERIFY_ACL=1

## ACL names - if VERIFY_ACL is set, only the ACL names from below list
## are accepted
# ACL_GROUPS="local ld int voicemail free-pstn"

## do (1) or don't (0) store plaintext passwords
## in the subscriber table - default '1'
STORE_PLAINTEXT_PW=0

## OPENSIPS START Options
## PID file path - default is: /var/run/opensips.pid
PID_FILE=/var/run/opensips/opensips.pid

## OUTPUT control - default output is to SYSLOG
## 0=output to console, 1=output to syslog
SYSLOG=0

## Extra start options - default is: not set
# example: start opensips with 64MB share memory: STARTOPTIONS="-m 64"
# STARTOPTIONS=