[OpenSIPS-Users] CANCELing the connection - no totag in ACK

Maciej Bylica mbsip at gazeta.pl
Sat Nov 13 19:35:30 CET 2010

Dear ALL,

During clearing my misconfigurations I found following errors in log file:
ERROR:uri:check_username: No authorized credentials found (error in scripts)
ERROR:uri:check_username: Call {www,proxy}_authorize before calling
check_* functions!

After closer look it turnes out that it is generated due to lack of
totag in ACK method as a response to 487 Request Terminated.
ACK is omitting has_totag() part of configuration and then again is
asked for proxy auth.

The call is generated by UA registered with Opensips, then t_relayed
to OPERATOR_1 and his MGW to PSTN.
UA------>OPENSIPS----->OPERATOR_1_SIPPROXY-------->MGW

The proper call flow should be (A) is UA, B is OPERATOR_1_SIPPROXY
1. (A)--------------------INVITE --------------------->(B)
2. (A)<------------------180 RIGING------------------(B)
3. (A)--------------------CANCEL------------------->(B)
4. (A)<------------------OK----------------------------(B)
5. (A)<---------487 Request Terminated-----------(B)
6. (A)--------------------ACK------------------------->(B)
and it looks the same, but:

- CANCEL should be sent by (A) without To tag
- OK should be sent by (B) with To tag
- 487 with the same To tag
- ACK should be sent by (A) with exactly the same To tag.

Unfortunately it is not my case :(
- I am fine with CANCEL
- I am receiving proper OK with To tag
- and here is the source of my problem. 487 is sent by (B) without
totag proposed in OK message previously sent.
- ACK is obviously using the same totag as OK, so im my case no totag
is incorporated into ACK method.
The after-effect is that ACK is asked for proxy auth.

I am asking you guys to tell me how to cope with the cases like above.

Thanks in advance,
Maciej