[OpenSIPS-Users] 2 UAs behind same NAT Device

Deon Vermeulen vermeulen.deon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 20:00:55 CET 2010

Hi Saul

Thank you very much for the info and feedback.

I looked at ICE before, but was not able to successfully implement it.

Then I did a search for 2 UAs behind same NAT device and came about
info here:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/examples:caller-callee-behind-same-nat
and
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.opensips.org/msg11197.html

Thus leading me to the config I supplied.

So you suggest I just change the use_mediaproxy to engage_mediaproxy?
Should I remove

           if ( $dd == $si ) {
                   xlog("L_INFO", "Both users behind same NAT, so we
dont use MediaProxy\n");
                   resetbflag(6);  # Unset NAT flag general.
                   resetbflag(7);  # Unset NAT flag general.
        } else

Should I add

modparams("mediaproxy","ice_candidate","low-priority")
modparams("mediaproxy","ice_candidate_avp","$avp(s:ice_candidate)")

Could you perhaps help me with a sample for the rest/correct
configurations?

I use X-lite and counterpath bria Professional as my SIP softphones.
I guess for X-lite the Topology config should just be Auto-detect
(ICE, recommended),
for Bria Professional I should set "Use local IP", "(STUN) discover
from server and Select Enable ICE.

Thanks again.
I really appreciate all the help and assistance.

Best Regards
Deon