[OpenSIPS-Users] SIP Presence Aggregation Issue

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed May 26 19:55:15 CEST 2010

> Am 26.05.2010 10:33, schrieb Iñaki Baz Castillo:
>>
>> Also remember: according to IETF's SIMPLE group brains, if you have a
>> working e-mail address (can receive mails) then your SIP presentity
>> should display you as "available via mail" (WTF ?!?!?).
>
> How should it display this? As a <note> with status "closed"?

Yes, but IETF suggests that your UA should publish a <tuple> with

Imagine I'm at home but my phone is in DND and "offline" status.
Anyone could come to my home and call me (using the human voice).
Should my SIP device publish that "I'm available by human voice at
home" (<basic>open</basic>) ?

It seems that IETF SIMPLE group claims that SIMPLE presence should
cover *any* presence status. This makes most usual cases unclear and
complex.
IMHO a user could publish "I'm available on mail" and also provide an
email account, but it shouldn't mean a "open" status at all as this is
SIP, no SMTP/POP.

When a specification tries to cover all the world and dominate all the
rest, it becomes... COMPLEX.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>