[OpenSIPS-Users] user alias length in opensips-cp 4

Albert Paijmans albert at vraagalex.nl
Sun May 23 10:48:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

I was wondering about the Alias Username in opensips-cp.
When I try to add a new user in the control panel under Users / User
Management I must give an Alias Username, but this can only be 5 digits
long.
If I do not enter an alias it gives me an error Invalid Alias Field. And the
maximum length is only 5 digits.
But when I examine under
/var/opensips-cp/config/tools/users/alias_management/local.inc.php  if find
the following line
$config->alias_format = "/^9[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]/";  This line is not
present in /var/opensips-cp/config/tools/users/user_management/local.inc.php

So my question is how do I make opensips-cp not ask for an Alias Username?
Or choose any lenth / combination of letters or numbers?
I suppose one could also choose to only use Alias Management >
username-domain / alias-username alias-domain
Is it possible to fix this in User Management Alias Username?

I am using OpenSIPS 1.62 and OpenSIPS Control Panel 4

Thanks

Albert