[OpenSIPS-Users] database connections

Stanisław Pitucha viraptor at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 18:13:24 CET 2010

On 20.03.2010 17:02, Kyle Romulas wrote:
> Have you considered optimizing your DB?  We are handling thousands of calls per minute with a cluster of proxies balanced via SRV and using a centralized DB server.  We had to optimize when we discovered that under peak call periods we were exceeding the default T1 timer for responding to UAC INVITES.
>
> If you are using MySQL, we found the following two links highly beneficial to increasing the performance of our DB.
> http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/mysqlperformance.htm
> http://hackmysql.com/mysqlreport

Sure - these are helpful in general, but I already know we're killing
the table cache especially. That's because we have 50+ db connections
that try to open many tables (so it ends up being ~40k reported open
tables - it would be crazy to allow that many open files) - so I'm
looking for a way to limit the number of connections themselves.
As far as I can see that's probably not possible with the current way
opensips does multiprocessing...