[OpenSIPS-Users] [RFC] What repo to use for 2.0 ?

Stanisław Pitucha viraptor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 20:06:47 CET 2010

On 02.03.2010 18:18, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> SF offers the following options
>     - SVN
>     - git
>     - mercurial
>     - bazaar
>
> Should we keep SVN ? pros ? minuses ? something much better ?

I'd go with - "please no SVN" ;) (or at least keep an official mirror in
another repo type)
Why?
We're keeping a number of patches that are company-specific, so will
never go into Opensips-proper and could be much easier to manage if they
were in some distributed repo supporting patch queues properly.
Also managing what patches were selectively ported back is a bit easier
with git I guess.

I know that git and mercurial support patch queues quite well. Also
github and bitbucket services are quite popular if people want to keep a
copy of their own forks / branches public. I think that could also help
with patch submissions - instead of attaching a patch to some tracker
item and looking up which revision they patched in the first place,
people could just point at a specific github/bitbucket revision in their
fork.