[OpenSIPS-Users] Load balancing Conference System

Dovid Bender os-list at dovid.net
Wed Jun 23 22:39:25 CEST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Knoll" <daniel at danielknoll.de>
To: <users at lists.opensips.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 08:57
Subject: [OpenSIPS-Users] Load balancing Conference System

> Hello Group,
> I have an Conferencing System (Asterisk meetme) with many Users and
> Conferences.
> Is it possible to load balance the Calls with opensSIPS depends on the
> Conference Room number?
> The Room Number is Stored in mysql Database (asterisk Realtime).
>
> Thanx for your help
> Daniel

Daniel,

It would depends on how you knew which conference room number they were to
be directed to. If they need to enter DTMF then they are already in
Asterisk. I suggest using OpenSipS for load balancing. When ever some one
enters a conference room on one server use the AMI to connect the two
server's together to the same room (e.g. room 400 on both servers) so when
some one gets sent to either or they will hear everyone no matter what
Asterisk server they are on.

Dovid