[OpenSIPS-Users] Adding functionality to call control (python)

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Mon Jun 21 09:14:56 CEST 2010

On Jun 21, 2010, at 2:32 AM, Magnus Burman wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> I struggle to figure out how the MaxSessionTime for new calls are
> calculated. As a simple example, have a first session ask for 3600s.
> Then a second session does the same directly thereafter, with the
> same rate (for simplicity), but credit is low and only 2000s is
> allowed. How does call control figure out that both calls should end
> after 2800 seconds?

This is done by recalculating based on the remaining balance a new max
session time for each individual session. The remaining balance is
redistributed in such way that all calls end up at the same time when
the balance reaches zero. So the Rating engine does not only return to
the call control the max session time for the current call but also
for previous calls if any are ongoing.

Check Prepaid documentation from CDRTool where this is explained in
detail.

> Even more importantly to me is what happens when a third call is
> entered into the mix. The credit is now at 0, is this call
> established?
>
> What I'm trying to achieve right here is handling multiple sessions
> without blocking the credit. By having call control re-ask for
> MaxSessionTime after a shorter time-period (60s), blocking will not
> occur to such a large degree.

Again you are trying to solve a problem that does not exist.

> Is this a bad way of doing it? I'm actually trying to integrate this
> with a 3rd party rating engine that supports this schema as I
> believe it's a good way of handling multiple sessions.

Read the documentation, it contains pseudo code for how to do it in
other rating engine app.