[OpenSIPS-Users] Asterisk and ACK

Douglas Lane doug at wd.co.za
Tue Jun 8 20:17:56 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I've picked up an issue with Asterisk not adding a Via header when calls
are passed to it from OpenSIPS. Now this doesn't seem to affect the
following call flow:

UA ------> OpenSIPS ------> Asterisk --------> Callee

However, when the below call flow happens, the callee side answers the
call, but the ACK never reaches the asterisk server, and we only get 1
way audio:

UA ------> OpenSIPS 1 -----> OpenSIPS 2 -------> Asterisk ------> Callee

The 200 OK is passed back from the Callee all the way to the UA using
stateful transactions, however, because Asterisk never adds itself to
the Via header, OpenSIPS 2 hits the last Via message which is its own IP
address and loops the ACK around forever till the transaction eventually
dies.

Any suggestions if there is a fix for the above. I've observed this in
the 1.4.29 version of asterisk, as well as version 1.6.2.9

Look forward to your feedback.

Many thanks for all the assistance thus far.

Thanks
Doug