[OpenSIPS-Users] 477 Send failed from Opensips via TCP

Andrew Pogrebennyk andrew.pogrebennyk at portaone.com
Thu Jul 29 17:32:22 CEST 2010

On 29.07.2010 18:12, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> oh yes, you need to use the nathelper module to fix the signalling - to
> replace the private ips with public Ips in contact - during registration
> and during calls..

IIRC UA which uses TCP behind NAT shall create connection to proxy
and keep it forever. And proxy shall reuse this connection, instead
of attempt to create new one. This means proxy shall maintain
map of translation of registered AORs to current TCP (or SCTP)
connections and pass requests to the connection which corresponds to
this AOR. This is the implication of running the connection-aware
protocols. As for the first part, many UAs do offer TCP connection
keeping, as for second - I'd be surprised if OpenSIPS keeps the
connections map. I didn't have a chance to try it though.

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk