[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips as outbound proxy for asterisk client

Nauman Sulaiman nauman762-home at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 24 20:18:51 CEST 2010

Hi, We have Asterisk 1.6.2.9 and Opensips 1.6.2 in the same Linux box and we want
to have OpenSIPS as the out/inbound proxy for Asterisk when running as UAC.

We have Asterisk registered with Sipgate ok when sending REGISTER directly to the Sipgate
domain but would like to send the Register via OpenSIPS so it's in the path for incoming invites

Opensips.cfg as follows

listen=udp:192.168.0.20:5060

register code: we have removed the authentication for now to get this working first

 if (is_method("REGISTER"))
        {

           if (!db_check_to())
           {
                sl_send_reply("403","Forbidden auth ID");
                exit;
           }

                if (!save("location"))
                        sl_reply_error();

                exit;
        }

we have astersik sip.conf file as follows

[general]
port=5062
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
context=default
outboundproxy=192.168.0.20
outboundproxyport=5060

register => username:secret at sipgate.co.uk/username

[username]
type=friend
context=incoming
username=username
secret=secret
host=sipgate.co.uk
host=dynamic
fromdomain=sipgate.co.uk
insecure=port,invite
nat=yes
disallow=all
allow=alaw
canreinvite=no

However the REGISTER messages are sent by Astersik but ther is no response fron OpenSIPS and it is not routing them either . Is it because they are both on the same IP?
We do have then on different ports so though it would be ok