[OpenSIPS-Users] T38 and changing media port for T38 SDP

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Fri Jul 16 15:37:21 CEST 2010

Am 16.07.2010 04:43, schrieb Julian Yap:
>>> However, I'd in most cases still prefer to do so instead of using
>>> Rtpproxy ;-)
>
> Any particular reasons against using RTPProxy?

No, RTPProxy shall also work fine. However, you have to shift all
packets to userspace - Mediaproxy doesn't do so. That fact alone
should be a great performance advantage. Mediaproxy's architecture
is really well done and it allows you to scale far (even if for
most setups a single host would suffice).

I didn't follow RTPProxy development for a long time, I'm pretty
sure there have also been improvements. And: Mediaproxy is not the
right tool when you are trying to create some multihomed ALG/SBC-
solution, involving private IP addresses. Mediaproy must run on a
public IP address.

Regards,
Thomas

 mail: thomas at gelf.net