[OpenSIPS-Users] XMPP Stream error in component mode with OpenFire

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Wed Jul 7 15:22:39 CEST 2010

Hi Alejandro,

I will try to shed some light now for you and then promise to put some
more documentation on xmpp gateway.
About the parameters:
- xmpp_host: is the domain name or IP where the jabber server is running
- xmpp_domain: the domain with which OpenSIPS will register as a
component to the jabber server - it must be a domain name recognized by
OpenSIPS as its own ( I see that you have alias there so it's ok).
You need not define sip_domain parameter ( it is only for a special case
when you offer XMPP and SIP services with the same domain name ).

I suggest you start your tests first with message - IM and then go to
presence. The sip buddy in the XMPP account is alerios at sip.avatar.com.co
<mailto:sip%3Aalerios at sip.avatar.com.co>, without SIP.
What will happen is that the jabber server will receive a message - and
it will deduce that it is for the component sip.avatar.com.co
<mailto:sip%3Aalerios at sip.avatar.com.co>, which is OpenSIPS and forward
the message to it. To check that this message gets to OpenSIPS raise the
debug level, debug=6 and check the log after sending the message. You
should see some specific messages.

In the SIP client, don't forget to set an outbound proxy so that the
messages for XMPP buddies get to the server.

Anca Vamanu
www.voice-system.ro