[OpenSIPS-Users] Installing OpenSipS on CentOS

Dovid Bender os-list at dovid.net
Tue Jul 6 01:28:03 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I have installed OpenSipS with quite ease on Debian servers. I used the book "Building Telephony Systems with OpenSIPS 1.6" for help on installing it. There were clear instructions for how to set it up on Debian. When setting it up on CentOS it was a different story. There are a lot of issues with the packages needed for specific modules (which may be more of a CentOS issue), init scripts etc.

I would like to get together with some other users that have installed OpenSipS on CentOS so we can put all of our knowledge together and maybe adding it to the wiki. I was also thinking of creating a repo for packages that are needed for both OpenSipS and for it's modules.

What are your thoughts ?

Thanks.

Dovid