[OpenSIPS-Users] Communication via TLS

Premalatha Kuppan premalatha at ngintech.com
Fri Jul 2 13:47:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have installed Opensips with TLS enabled.

I wonder how to check and enable all the communication via TLS. Now with
following configuration, the communication is via UDP

Compiled the code with TLS enabled in makefile.
In Opensips.cfg, i did the following modification: enabled TLS and commented
the listen udp line.

Is that nything else i need to do ?

Also for testing, i believe xlite doesn't support TLS and i need to use
minisip. Correct me.
*
OpenSIPS.cfg:*
/* uncomment the following lines to enable TLS support  (default off) */
disable_tls = no

listen = tls:IPaddr:5061
tls_verify_server = 0
tls_verify_client = 0
tls_require_client_certificate = 0
tls_method = TLSv1
tls_certificate = "//etc/opensips/tls/user/user-cert.pem"
tls_private_key = "//etc/opensips/tls/user/user-privkey.pem"
tls_ca_list = "//etc/opensips/tls/user/user-calist.pem"

port=5061

/* uncomment and configure the following line if you want opensips to
   bind on a specific interface/port/proto (default bind on all available)
*/
#listen=udp:IPaddr:5060

Thanks,
Prem