[OpenSIPS-Users] INVITE not forwarded, call fails

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Jan 25 12:08:07 CET 2010

Hi Lorenzo,

When comes to NAT traversal, you can do it in two ways:

1) on the client (UAC) side - the client is doing the signalling in such
a way that the server "sees" the traffic as coming from a public IP.
This is actually STUN approach -> the server has 0 capabilities in
handling NAT.

2)  on the server side - the client has 0 capabilities in handling NAT
traversal and the whole task must be done by server. In this case you
need to configure opensips to do the nat traversal - to correct both
signalling and RTP for coping with NAt.

My understanding is you tried the first approach, but it fails due poor
STUN/NAT working. So, you what to move into 2), right ? IF so, take a
look at the nathelper module.

www.voice-system.ro