[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy media_relay_avp

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Tue Jan 19 19:31:43 CET 2010

Hello,

The relays in my network use a different interface for relaying packets than they do for other machine operations.  For example, a relay's eth0 IP may be 207.x.x.x, while its eth1 is 66.x.x.x, and the relay IP as defined by config.ini is the 66.x.x.x address.  This works fine for the most part.

I now have a need to start specifying media relays with the media_relay_avp parameter in Opensips.  Do I specify the 207.x.x.x IP address the relay uses to connect to the dispatcher, or the 66.x.x.x IP the relay uses to relay RTP?

The media_relay_avp documentation says, "... it will be preferred by the dispatcher over the normal selection algorithm."  Is it accurate to say that if the specified relay is not available, the dispatcher will revert to its regular selection?  Or, will no relay be used at all?

- Jeff