[OpenSIPS-Users] uac:restore_uris_reply error

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Mon Feb 22 14:42:55 CET 2010

Hello,

On build 6617 of 1.6 I'm seeing the following errors:

opensips[12598]: ERROR:core:parse_from_header: bad from header
opensips[12598]: ERROR:siptrace:trace_onreply_out: cannot parse FROM header

I was able to capture the traffic in and out of the proxy.  It's not pretty.

BYE packet into proxy contains:
  From: <sip:NPANXXXXXX at WW.XX.YY.ZZ>;tag=SDu2d3f99-gK0a9ecd61

Packet out of proxy:
  From: <sip:NPANXXXXXX@ 7np8%pj67{40
  \021\025\037\033\020\025
  G\000
  Ccom:5060>;tag=SDu2d3f99-gK0a9ecd61

The rest of the headers look correct.

I compared the vsf tag from the record-route in the INVITE with the value of tag in the BYE.  They are identical.  This doesn't appear to be limited to a particular combination of customer and gateway, nor a particular Opensips process.

Unfortunately it will be impossible to generate a full Opensips debug because of the quantity of traffic versus the frequency of the error.  All calls through this proxy have a uac_replace_from() happen, but only a very small percentage of them get messed up.

- Jeff