[OpenSIPS-Users] Setting opensips for maximum performance

Jan Rozhon jan.rozhon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 20:33:54 CET 2010

Hello Stanislaw,

thanks for your reply. I dont think that trouble causes SIPp. I run all
6 instances on 6 virtual computers - the physical box contains 16GB of
RAM and 8 Xeon 2,8GHz cores - for each virtual computer I allocate 1
core of physical CPU, since SIPp is just single threaded , and 1024 GB
of RAM - OS on VM is Ubuntu 9.10. On a very old machine I was able to
reach 200 calls without bigger issues, now on high tech server I am
limited to 200 calls per second as well...

The exact problem is, that the call is interrupted before it is ended by
regular Bye/200Ok. Until I reach 200 calls per second - everything is
fine, then retransmissions rapidly increase and after 240 calls the
significant number of calls is lost in progress.

Dont know where to look -
on PbX
-CPU is not fully utilized
-RAM is used just to 25% (around 1024MB)
-LAN is not overwelmed
-UDP buffer discard just few datagrams

on VMs with SIPp
-CPU is utilizet to 50% tops