[OpenSIPS-Users] Setting opensips for maximum performance

Jan Rozhon jan.rozhon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:57:22 CET 2010

Hello,

as a part of my diploma thesis I'm trying to do some performance testing
of opensips running on low cost machine with 4GB of RAM and dual-core
AMD Athlon processor. As a generator of SIP traffic I use SIPp v3.1
running on 4 virtual computers as UAC and two computers as UAS all
connected just by gigabit ports of a single switch. My proublem is, that
as soon as I reach the load of 200 calls per second (2000 simultaneous
calls) many of those calls (aroud 50%) don't finish succesfully. CPU
utilization of opensips machine is around 40% and memory around 25%, so
the opensips has still a lot of free resources, but it doesn't use them.
Could you please advise me, how to change default configuration script
and opensips settings to achieve better results?

Right now, the only changes I made is :
-enabling registrar/proxy authentication;
-disabled tcp, since all the traffic is carried by udp;
-set shared memory to 2048 MB;
-set number of children to 16
-limit debug level to 1

PS. How can I increase the time, after which opensips retransmits SIP
messages?

Thanks in advance,
Jan