[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy feature request - option to rely on SDP for connection info

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Fri Feb 12 08:02:26 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for a Mediaproxy feature request, but if it is, here's what I'm thinking.

I use Mediaproxy mostly for accurate accounting of non-NAT users.  The problem is that some of my carriers begin their RTP by sending it to me from a source port other than the one specified in the RTP (which Mediaproxy learns) before switching to the port specified in the SDP.  By this point it's too late because the relay has already locked to the first port number.

I'd love to see the option to specify a flag as a modparam where, if set, Mediaproxy would skip the auto-learning of the addresses and port numbers and rely on those specified in the SDP.  I would set this flag for calls from/to non-NAT'd users so calls terminating to these carriers would produce audio once they send traffic from the port in their SDP.

Thanks,
Jeff