[OpenSIPS-Users] Article on mediaproxy

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Feb 10 15:19:39 CET 2010

Hi,

> Ok Adrian, but why there are so lack of documentation of MediaProxy ?
> no one answered me on this emails if it has really or not transcoder
> capabilities,

MediaProxy does not have transcoding capabilities, it just relays media.

> I tried to make it work since 3 days now, and sometimes it works, sometimes
> not,

You'll have to extend this if you want us to help you, when/how is
MediaProxy failing for you?

> even after followed the installation and docs meticously... Instead, I ust
> installed
> freeswitch, worked like a charm 1 hour after read the docs...
> Sorry to say that, but the essential I think (the thought of 11 years
> experience developer)
> is to install and make it work easily. that is not the case (especially for
> debug) with MediaProxy.
> but maybe I'm wrong, so wait your answer.

What MediaProxy does is very little, it only overwrites some values on
the SDP and relays the media, the configuration is really simple.
Moreover, there is only one function to call from OpenSIPS in order to
trigger MediaProxy functionality.

However, there is a bigger picture here, MediaProxy doesn't work on it's
own, it needs you to have a properly configured OpenSIPS which is a
different concept than FreeSWITCH and OpenSIPS configuration is also
different from FreeSWITCH's.

Please elaborate a bit more on your issue so we can help you getting it
working.

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects